15 October 2008

Today's the day

Surgery day is today. I'll be leaving for the hospital quite early in the morning, and probably not out until Saturday at the earliest.

Scary? Inevitably, somewhat so. Yet I am very aware of my good fortune to be living at a time when science and technology have made such operations possible, safe, and widely available. Even fifty years ago my condition would have been untreatable, and before modern times, back when "medicine" consisted of ignorant superstition, I would have been statistically unlikely even to have survived to my present age (48) in the first place.

I'm already looking forward to the days after recuperation -- to being able to walk normally and without pain, for the first time in months.

8 Comments:

Blogger Fran said...

Hoping all goes well and that you will be on the move and painlessly so, very soon at that.

15 October, 2008 05:14  
Blogger Christy said...

Best of luck!

I'll be thinking of you!

15 October, 2008 07:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are in my thoughts. See you on the other side, soon.

15 October, 2008 08:06  
Blogger Prash said...

Bonne operation ! Happy recovery !

15 October, 2008 08:58  
Blogger Christy said...

I thought you might be home, already!

Oh well....tomorrow, then?

17 October, 2008 10:40  
Blogger mendip said...

Best of luck!

17 October, 2008 13:55  
Blogger Prash said...

Hope the surgery went well and you are doing good !

21 October, 2008 07:57  
Blogger Infidel753 said...

Thanks everyone!

23 October, 2008 14:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home